Recovering after KAMRA™ Inlay Surgery
KAMRA™ Inlay Aftercare Toronto
As leaders in the field of corrective vision, Dr. David S. Rootman and his team of specialists at TLC Yonge Eglinton Laser Eye Centre provide each patient with outstanding care before, during, and after KAMRA™ Inlay surgery. This innovative treatment utilizes state-of-the-art technology to address the symptoms of presbyopia, ultimately reducing or eliminating the need for prescriptive eyewear. Thanks to this procedure, those who have suffered near vision loss are now enjoying reduced dependence on corrective eyewear. By following Dr. Rootman’s instructions for KAMRA™ Inlay aftercare, Toronto patients can experience the maximum benefits of this surgery. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Rootman to find out if KAMRA™ Inlay surgery is right for you.
What Is the KAMRA™ Inlay?
KAMRA™ Inlay surgery involves the surgical insertion of an opaque miscrodisc into the patient’s cornea. An opening at the center of the microdisc allows only focused light to enter the retina, thus allowing the patient to achieve near vision focus. Even though KAMRA™ Inlay surgery is highly advanced, the entire procedure can usually be completed within 15 to 20 minutes. Patients with additional vision impairments may want to consider having LASIK performed in addition to KAMRA™ Inlay surgery. In many cases, both procedures can be performed in the same sitting.
Recovery and Aftercare for KAMRA™ Inlay Surgery
Following KAMRA™ Inlay surgery, most patients are able to return to work and resume normal activities within 24 hours. Typical recovery periods for KAMRA™ Inlay surgery range from one week to one month, depending on each patient’s individual needs. To ensure a successful recovery, Dr. Rootman recommends taking several simple measures:
- Avoid using reading glasses. It takes time for your eyes to adjust to the KAMRA™ Inlay. By continually using your reading glasses for near vision activities, it may take longer to fully experience the benefits of your treatment.
- Use eye drops and prescribed medications as directed. Following surgery, it is important to use artificial tears, which help the cornea stay moist and healthy. Depending upon your needs, the doctor may prescribe other medications as well.
- Avoid touching your eyes. You must refrain from rubbing or touching your eyes for at least 90 days following surgery.
- Protect your eyes. Always wear sunglasses with UV protection when you are outdoors. Also, be sure to wear protective eyewear when playing contact sports, working with dangerous materials, or performing any task that puts your vision at risk.
- Perform exercises. Dr. Rootman will teach you a series of eye exercises that can help you adjust to the KAMRA™ Inlay. These exercises are designed to help “retrain” your brain to use the inlay to achieve near vision focus.
- Undergo regular eye exams. Periodic checkups after surgery will allow the doctor to monitor your recovery, and help you maintain your vision long after your recovery is complete. If any common side-effects, such as halos, glare, or dry eye, occur following KAMRA™ Inlay placement, the doctor will determine the best treatment plan for your needs.
Contact Us Today
If you would like to find out if you are a candidate for KAMRA™ Inlay surgery, please contact the team at TLC Yonge Eglinton Laser Eye Centre to schedule a consultation. We look forward to finding life-long solutions for all of your vision needs!