Explore Your Candidacy for the Advanced KAMRA Inlay
As we age, changes to our eyes affect our ability to see clearly. The most common concern patients between 40 and 60 face is presbyopia, or age-related farsightedness. At TLC Yonge Eglinton Laser Eye Centre in Toronto, ON, we offer the state-of-the-art KAMRA™ Inlay procedure to restore your ability to read and perform other daily tasks without glasses. Good candidates for KAMRA inlays include patients in their 40s, 50s, and 60s who have noticed issues performing close-up tasks, such as reading. During your initial consultation with our team, we can assess other aspects of your candidacy for this procedure so you can enjoy an increased quality of life without glasses.
Presbyopia causes difficulty reading small text and performing other close-up tasks.
Understanding KAMRA Inlays
The KAMRA inlay is a tiny disc which is placed in one eye to take the place of other corrective lenses. The inlay lasts for decades and allows you to have clear vision, both near and far, without relying heavily on reading glasses. We recommend KAMRA inlays to patients who have presbyopia and are looking for a way to reduce or eliminate their dependence on glasses or contacts.
Ideal candidates for this procedure:
- Can naturally see well at a distance
- Are in good overall health
- Require reading glasses between the powers of +1.25 and +2.50
This procedure works best if you recently started experiencing age-related farsightedness. However, patients who have used reading glasses for many years can still qualify for KAMRA inlays.
When to Undergo the Procedure
The TLC Laser Eye Centre team generally recommends KAMRA inlays for patients between the ages of 45 and 60. This age range is typically when patients have started to notice changes in their eyesight due to presbyopia. In some cases, our doctors recommend waiting to perform the procedure depending on how far the condition has progressed.
If you have age-related farsightedness and are ready to get rid of your glasses, KAMRA inlays can help.
Determining Your Eligibility
Most patients with presbyopia can benefit from KAMRA inlays. However, the best way to find out if this treatment is well-suited to your needs is to visit our office. There are a few concerns which we will assess during your appointment, including:
- The anatomy of your eye: Good candidates for inlays have properly shaped corneas and normal pupil size.
- The condition of your eye: If you have certain eye conditions, such as dry eye, you may need preliminary treatment before qualifying for inlays.
- Tolerance for monovision: Not everyone responds well to monovision. We can help you test out what this correction will feel like before you commit to the procedure.
- Your current prescription: If you wear bifocals or have a very strong prescription, we may recommend combining your KAMRA inlay with LASIK for more effective treatment.
We can also explain other options to you during your consultation. Bifocals, contact lenses, and monovision LASIK are all potential treatments for presbyopia. By comparing the advantages and disadvantages of the different treatments available, you can feel confident in your decision.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you have age-related farsightedness and are ready to get rid of your glasses, KAMRA inlays can help. Find out more about your candidacy for this innovative procedure by contacting our office online or calling us at (519) 888-4502 today.