How Laser Vision Correction Can Help You
Benefits of LASIK Toronto
LASIK treatment is an incredible advancement in vision correction. LASIK (Laser-assisted In-situ Keratomileusis) is a corneal reshaping treatment that corrects nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. During LASIK, our corneal specialist uses a precise, cool-beam laser to reshape the cornea to provide clearer vision. We offer both custom LASIK and blade-free LASIK options to candidates, in addition to other vision correction options.
For qualified candidates, there are several benefits of LASIK treatment that can improve quality of life. Our practice is equipped with the latest technology and equipment for safe, effective LASIK treatment. We can determine your candidacy for LASIK during an initial consultation, during which you can learn more about LASIK and other vision correction options. Contact us today to learn more.
Why Choose LASIK?
Thanks to precision technology, just a minimal, hairline-width reshaping of the cornea can provide dramatic results that can literally change the way our patients see the world. Qualified LASIK candidates enjoy a wealth of benefits:
- LASIK helps patients achieve reduced or eliminated need for glasses or contacts. Rather than having to fumble for your glasses first thing in the morning, or worry about losing contact lenses, you can begin relying on your eyes alone to perceive the world around you. Over time, you can save money by not having to keep replacing your prescription eye wear.
- LASIK can be completed in just a few minutes.
- The recovery time for LASIK is fast - patients can usually return to normal activities within 24 to 48 hours.
- Patients are fully awake during LASIK surgery, so there is no need to worry about side effects of sedation.
TLC Yonge Eglinton Laser Eye Centre is fully focused on our patients' comfort and safety. We create vision correction plans that work with patients' unique needs and goals.
Why Choose TLC Yonge Eglinton Laser Eye Centre?
Patients have many options today not only in selecting a vision correction treatment, but also in which care provider they choose. TLC Yonge Eglinton Laser Eye Centre is the premiere destination for personalized, professional vision care and expertise. Our surgical team are valued contributing member to the field of ophthalmology and specialty corneal treatments.
TLC has the latest technology and equipment available to ensure consistently safe, effective LASIK results for his patients. The benefits of having LASIK performed at our centre include:
- A caring, well-trained staff and medical team who educate each patient on the procedure, risks, benefits, and aftercare specifics of LASIK.
- Our Wavefront-guided laser, which creates a topographical map of the eyes for custom LASIK. With the advent of custom LASIK, our surgical team can treat not only standard farsightedness, nearsightedness, and astigmatism, but also more complicated vision issues like glare and halos.
- All-laser, bladeless LASIK is available using Femtosecond laser technology. During bladeless LASIK surgery, the corneal flap, which grants access to the inner layers of the cornea, is created using a laser. Studies have shown faster, safer recovery times using this method.
Contact Us Today
Since not all patients are candidates for LASIK surgery, we also offer LASIK alternatives including photo refractive keratectomy, implantable contact lenses, and more. During your initial consultation, our surgical team will work with you to determine the best vision correction plan. To schedule an appointment, contact our offices.